ASHLAND - Ashland honored its 1966, 1967 and 1968 baseball state high school champions on Saturday at Alumni Field.
The Tomcat dynasty produced the first three-peat in state history and the 1966 team is one of only two undefeated teams in state history. Ashland was 25-0 in the championship run that year.
Twelve former players were on hand for the celebration.
The teams talked to the current Tomcats and were fed lunch.
This Week's Circulars
Brian Thompson, 56, of Ashland, formerly Westwood, died Thursday at home. He was the son of the late Elmer and Wilma Ritchie Thompson. A memorial will be at a later date with PRESTON FAMILY FUNERAL HOME.
- 'More than an athlete, but man, was he good at football': Former Fairview great Brewer dies at 26
- Suspected bad batch leading to OD deaths
- A Hero’s Legacy: West dies at 89
- 50-year facility may have to close
- Deputy out of hospital; police determine cause of crash
- APPETIZING ASHLAND AREA: Get your fill of The Mill
- ONE YEAR LATER — Remembering the Lady: Doctors continue to mourn after closure, look to future
- KSP: Meth, gun located at traffic stop
- THE WEEKLY CYCLE: Family hooked late 'Fish'
- Drugs, DUIs, bench warrants among locked-up