Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital (OLBH) is joining forces with hospitals across the state to end opioid abuse in Kentucky. To help the state’s hospitals in this battle, the Kentucky Hospital Association (KHA) is partnering with the Cabinet for Health and Family Services as part of the Kentucky Opioid Response Effort (KORE) to launch the Kentucky Statewide Opioid Stewardship (KY SOS) program. This initiative will provide a mechanism for hospitals to demonstrate their actions and commitments to their patients and communities to combat the state’s opioid epidemic.
KY SOS will focus on reducing opioid overprescribing and improving safe opioid use throughout the commonwealth. Additionally, this project will provide a voluntary certification opportunity for Kentucky hospitals that demonstrates their progress.
As a member of KY SOS, OLBH will receive:
• Resources and education on opioid stewardship
• Access to clinical advisors and subject matter experts who can assist with improvement questions and provide recommendations
• Access to the Kentucky Quality Counts data system to track progress on applicable measures
• Support and coordination from KHA
All of the Kentucky hospitals that are joining this partnership will:
• Work to improve patient safety in the area of opioid stewardship
• Increase community outreach and education regarding pain management and safe opioid use
• Commit to collaboration, alignment and coordination
• Participate in site visits with the KY SOS Advisory Team.