Ashland firefighter Jesse Ison sprays water on a mobile home fire at 4900 Boyd St. on Friday. Ashland Fire Department Senior Capt. Bob McKeon said firefighters arrived shortly after 5:20 p.m. and quickly extinguished the flames. There were no reported injuries and firefighters rescued a small puppy from the home, but the family’s cat died in the blaze. The home was a total loss and three surrounding homes were also damaged by the fire, which remains under investigation.
This Week's Circulars
Cheryl Ann Smith Jarrell, 75, Ashland, died Wednesday, June 2, 2021 Born April 27, 1946. Survived by daughter Missy Jarrell White. Memorial Service 7:00pm, Monday June 14, 2021, Neal Funeral Home, Catlettsburg. Visitation 6:00pm-7:00pm Monday.
Dorothy L. White Sexton, 93, Catlettsburg, died Wednesday. Born May 25, 1928. Funeral 1:00pm, Monday June 14, 2021, Kilgore & Collier Funeral Home, Catlettsburg. Burial White Cemetery. Visitation 11:00am-1:00pm Monday at the Funeral Home.
- King of the Jungle: Veteran basketball coach finds region championship on diamond
- 16th Region baseball final: Thirty years in the making: Rams win first region title since 1991
- A downtown fit? Tattoo controversy still abuzz as leaders work toward solution
- 16th Region softball final: Heart and Cole: Lady Lions work overtime to earn first region title.
- 16th Region softball semis: A long time coming: Lewis County makes history with win
- The Doghouse on Main Street
- ‘I love my people’: Local nursing home employee one of many who became more than caregiver
- Knife fight spills onto Winchester
- 16th Region baseball quarters: Raiders look ship shape against Vikings
- 16th Region softball quarters: Boyd County gives extra effort in win over Elliott County