CATLETTSBURG Boyd County Fiscal Court will hold an emergency meeting today.
The meeting was originally scheduled for Tuesday, but a legal notice of a special meeting wasn’t supplied to or published in The Daily Independent in time. The meeting will highlight the first reading of a fee pooling ordinance. This ordinance will transition the Boyd County Clerk’s Office to a fee pooling offices. The Boyd County Sheriff’s Department will remain one. Fee pooling offices turn over their funds to the fiscal court, which, in turn, handles the finances.
The agenda items include:
• Approval notice for KACO FEMA lease
• Acceptance donation to Boyd County Sheriff’s Department from Marathon Petroleum
• Approval of jail administration code
• First reading of fee pooling ordinance
• Approval of clerk’s salary and expense cap and budget
The meeting will be at noon at the old Boyd County courthouse.
This meeting is considered an emergency meeting because the fiscal court needs to set the county clerk’s salary and expense cap and budget by today, according to the Kentucky Department for Local Government.
(606) 326-2651 |