ASHLAND City leaders approved several items during Thursday’s Board of Commissioners meeting.
The commission approved the following items from the consent agenda:
- A payment in the amount of $98,780 to Service Pump & Supply Co., Inc. for refurbishing and reinstalling of one flowserve model 23 EPM raw water intake pump at the Ashland Water Treatment Plant, Department of Utility Operations.
- A payment in the amount of $25,867.50 to GRW for the design and engineering work completed for the Ashland Water Treatment Plant SCADA and instrumentation upgrades.
- A payment of $2,970.00 to Barton & Loguidice for the work completed on the filter failure investigation at the Ashland Water Treatment Plant.
- A payment of $163,653.28 to Southern Ohio Trenching & Excavating, Inc. for the waterline replacement project on U.S. 23 from 43rd Street to 11th Street.
- A payment for $35,909.90 to LJB, Inc. for the engineering services completed on the 2019 waterline replacement project.
- Awarded the bid for the purchase of one 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe for the Ashland Fire Department to Don Hall Chevrolet in the amount of $37,363.00 and approving payment upon acceptance of vehicle.
- An approval for Ashland Community Kitchen to host Chili Fest on Sept. 28 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. This would include set-up on Friday, Sept. 27, at noon and closing the Paramount parking lot and 14th Street between Winchester Avenue and Carter Avenue at an estimated city staff cost $119.83 to be paid by Ashland Community Kitchen.
- An approval for KYOVA’s efforts to apply for a grant for a KYTC feasibility study of the downtown area and development.
- An approved probationary appointment of Administrative Assistant in the department of general government, division of human resources, effective Aug. 11.
- An approved probationary appointment of wastewater treatment operators, department of utilities, division of wastewater treatment plant, contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a physical examination. These positions are each budgeted for $51,418 salary and benefits.
Item 6 was read and approved by the other commissioners and it authorized a payment of $9,967.50 to Tri-State Construction & Enterprise for the work completed on the Safe Harbor renovation project.
The next Board of Commissioners meeting will be Aug. 22 at noon.