ASHLAND The city of Ashland is continuing to make adjustments to be efficient and effective while adhering to federal and state guidelines. In doing so, it made some changes on Tuesday, according to a press release.
The following changes are in place:
• Central Park is closed to the public, but the sidewalk around the park will remain open to allow fresh air walking while maintaining social distancing.
• The Library Commons area is closed to the public.
• The city individual occupational license, net profit returns for 2019 and payment of fees due date will move to July 15 to align with the state and federal tax filings.
• In accordance with the Commonwealth Attorney General’s opinion, the Board of Commissioners meeting on Thursday at 6 p.m. will be closed to the public.
The meeting will be streamed by My Town TV. The city encourages citizens to tune in on the My Town TV Facebook page or on the city YouTube channel to view the meeting. If at any time, the video or audio is lost, the meeting will be halted until both have resumed. Only items on the agenda will be discussed.
The following will remain closed to the public:
• Ashland City Building
• City playgrounds, ball fields, athletic courts and public restrooms
• All other planning or committee Meetings
Those who need to pay utilities, taxes, fines or license fees may do so on the city website or by calling 1-888-705-1213. Payments are also accepted by using the drop box located on Korean War Veterans Way (between the city building and The Daily Independent).
If you are struggling to pay any license fees, contact (606) 385-3359.
The mayor and city commissioners have directed suspending water shutoffs for the next 30 days (April 13) to allow citizens and customers the ability to practice good hygiene efforts. Fees and charges will continue to be charged on all accounts.
Continue to stay up to date with Ashland-Boyd County Health Department and Kentucky’s COVID-19 website at kycovid19.ky.gov or by calling the general public phone number 1-800-722-5725.