OLIVE HILL Nine-year-old Myla Jade Ruark woke up in the middle of the night on May 4 because she couldn’t breathe.
There are no current cases of COVID-19 in Greenup County after the health department reported all 13 patients to have tested positive have reached recovery.
FRANKFORT The State Board of Elections on Friday approved a plan to allow every Kentuckian to cast an absentee ballot for Primary Election due to the coronavirus pandemic.
In the midst of litigation over the Jan. 28 ouster of Braidy CEO Craig Bouchard, the board of directors tried to affect a stock split, which would've allegedly diluted the power Bouchard has on the board.
ASHLAND Officials around the region reacted to a report published over the weekend about ex-Braidy CEO Craig Bouchard’s tenure prior to being removed by the company’s board of directors.
A representative with Smithfield Foods responded to questions from the Journal-Times via email last Friday, providing answers about safety precautions in their Grayson facility.
On Sunday, March 22, Governor Andy Beshear issued an order closing all non-essential retailers to the public and mandating a postponement of all elective medical procedures. Businesses that may remain open during this emergency action include:
If you only know one thing about filling out your census form, Carter County Judge Executive Mike Malone wants to be sure you know the impact it could have on road funding for the county.
GRAYSON Grayson City Council members and mayor George Steele maintained social distancing – by spreading tables apart and sitting at opposite ends – and wore face masks during a special meeting of council last Monday that was broadcast on Facebook Live.
This Week's Circulars
Phyllis Mays, 84, of Ashland, died peacefully Saturday. Funeral 1 p.m. Tuesday at Steen Funeral Home Central Avenue Chapel with her son, Pastor Rick Mays officiating. Visitation will be from Noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday.
- Dropping a Bombshell: Ashland restaurant targets July 1 opening
- Crisp’s celebrating 60 years Saturday
- Carter reports two new cases; health dept. indicates church attendees possibly exposed
- Shots fired in Raceland early Wednesday
- PAC is back: Venue announces three upcoming shows
- Cinemark, Movies 10 not ready to open yet
- Mountain memories still strike a chord: The three times Stapleton and Couch met on the gridiron
- Meth bust on Winchester Avenue
- Boyd police seize drugs, gun at hotel
- Recovered or not recovered? Danleyton woman tested positive after listed as ‘recovered’