Jeff and Nancy Elkins were married March 28, 1980, at First United Methodist Church in Ironton. They are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary.
ASHLAND Blake Day, graduate of Paul G. Blazer High School and now Berea College freshman, was accepted into the prestigious Entrepreneurship for the Public Good program (EPG).
Mr. and Mrs. Larry and Rinda Vanderhoof of London are pleased to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter, Sarah Ann Vanderhoof, to Dr. Thomas B. Wells of Raleigh, N.C.
Mr. and Mrs. Terry Lee Adams of Richmond, Va., announce the wedding of their daughter, Whitney Colvin Adams, to Kellon Everett Newland Jr., son of Mr. and Mrs. Kellon Everett Newland Sr. of Grayson, on June 17 at the Omni Homestead Resort in Hot Springs, Va.
Roy and Dreama Parsons of Russell celebrated their 50th anniversary Aug. 12 with a surprise party hosted by their daughter, Kimberly Parsons-Blair, at Plaza Nazarene Church in Ashland with more than 100 of their friends and family in attendance.
This Week's Circulars
Brian Thompson, 56, of Ashland, formerly Westwood, died Thursday at home. He was the son of the late Elmer and Wilma Ritchie Thompson. A memorial will be at a later date with PRESTON FAMILY FUNERAL HOME.
- 'More than an athlete, but man, was he good at football': Former Fairview great Brewer dies at 26
- Suspected bad batch leading to OD deaths
- A Hero’s Legacy: West dies at 89
- 50-year facility may have to close
- Deputy out of hospital; police determine cause of crash
- APPETIZING ASHLAND AREA: Get your fill of The Mill
- ONE YEAR LATER — Remembering the Lady: Doctors continue to mourn after closure, look to future
- KSP: Meth, gun located at traffic stop
- THE WEEKLY CYCLE: Family hooked late 'Fish'
- Drugs, DUIs, bench warrants among locked-up