Jeff and Nancy Elkins were married March 28, 1980, at First United Methodist Church in Ironton. They are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary.
ASHLAND Blake Day, graduate of Paul G. Blazer High School and now Berea College freshman, was accepted into the prestigious Entrepreneurship for the Public Good program (EPG).
Mr. and Mrs. Larry and Rinda Vanderhoof of London are pleased to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter, Sarah Ann Vanderhoof, to Dr. Thomas B. Wells of Raleigh, N.C.
Mr. and Mrs. Terry Lee Adams of Richmond, Va., announce the wedding of their daughter, Whitney Colvin Adams, to Kellon Everett Newland Jr., son of Mr. and Mrs. Kellon Everett Newland Sr. of Grayson, on June 17 at the Omni Homestead Resort in Hot Springs, Va.
Roy and Dreama Parsons of Russell celebrated their 50th anniversary Aug. 12 with a surprise party hosted by their daughter, Kimberly Parsons-Blair, at Plaza Nazarene Church in Ashland with more than 100 of their friends and family in attendance.
This Week's Circulars
Vicki Kay Legg, 78, of Catlettsburg, died Monday. She was preceded in death by her loving husband of 49 years, C.Dale Legg in 2008. 1p.m. Friday, STEEN FUNERAL HOME 13TH STREET CHAPEL. Noon until 1p.m. Friday. steenfuneralhome.com
- From OLBH to ARC? Louisa-based treatment organization in talks to purchase property
- In a roundabout way: City looks to renovate Winchester Avenue
- ZACK KLEMME: 'Cats bag finally empty
- Jonny be great: Stevens throws no-no as Lions edge Rams
- Woman whose son jumped from car indicted
- Girls Sweet Sixteen first round: Hill stands tall for Lady Devils
- Long road to reopen: Mountain Health Arena bouncing back
- A Sterling reputation
- Girls Sweet Sixteen: Russell's wait is over
- Boys state semis -- Tomcats can't catch Bluebirds: Ashland's run ends in state semis