Jeff and Nancy Elkins were married March 28, 1980, at First United Methodist Church in Ironton. They are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary.
ASHLAND Blake Day, graduate of Paul G. Blazer High School and now Berea College freshman, was accepted into the prestigious Entrepreneurship for the Public Good program (EPG).
Mr. and Mrs. Larry and Rinda Vanderhoof of London are pleased to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter, Sarah Ann Vanderhoof, to Dr. Thomas B. Wells of Raleigh, N.C.
Mr. and Mrs. Terry Lee Adams of Richmond, Va., announce the wedding of their daughter, Whitney Colvin Adams, to Kellon Everett Newland Jr., son of Mr. and Mrs. Kellon Everett Newland Sr. of Grayson, on June 17 at the Omni Homestead Resort in Hot Springs, Va.
Roy and Dreama Parsons of Russell celebrated their 50th anniversary Aug. 12 with a surprise party hosted by their daughter, Kimberly Parsons-Blair, at Plaza Nazarene Church in Ashland with more than 100 of their friends and family in attendance.
This Week's Circulars
Claudette 'Pearl' Dowdy, 57, of Ashland, daughter of the late Claudie and Ernestine Whitt, died Friday following an extended illness. Graveside services July 9, 12p.m. Rose Hill Burial Park. Visitation 11a.m. at PRESTON FAMILY FUNERAL HOME.
- Fireworks blasting off this weekend
- Two Carter deputy jailers test positive
- ‘For drugs and money’: Nine-person sex trafficking ring charged
- Motorcycle collides with van at 17th, Greenup
- Five Greenup cases announced over weekend
- Area boxer no match for Boyd deputies
- 'Everything's been positive': Nicholas coach Sims fighting cancer
- Woman steals gun, brings it back
- Lawrence not COVID hot spot; Boyd tally at 75
- Moses ends long Lions drought: