Summit--Following is a listing of elementary, middle and high school winners at the Holiday Classic Archery Tournament on Saturday at Boyd County Middle School.
High schools: 1. Elliott County (3,297); 2. Boyd County (3,077); 3. Fairview (2,398).
Middle schools: 1. Boyd County (3,186); 2. East Carter (2,624); 3. Holy Family (2,244).
Elementary schools: 1. Isonville (2,907), 2. Raceland-Worthington (2,261); 3. Boyd County Middle (1,397).
Top five high school male shooters: 1. Samuel Howard (292); 2. John Harper (283); 3. Cody Howard (277); 4. Gatlin Hicks (275); 5. Zach Smith (269).
Top five high school female shooters: 1. Brianna Gilliam (288); 2. Kendra Harper (274); 3. Halie Jones (272); 4. Renee Fultz (269); 5. Dana Karl (255).
Top five middle school male shooters: 1. Taylor Stevens (278); 2. Wade Kitchen (272); 3. Landon Gould (269); 4. Charles Sprouse (265); 5. Zach Wells (265).
Top five middle school female shooters: 1. Natalie Martin (275); 2. Baylee Thompson (274); 3. Meagan Huff (274); 4. Shelby Laney (272); 5. Kelsey Lainhart (265).
Top five elementary school male shooters: 1. Hunter Boyd (255); 2. Nathan Holbrook (255); 3. Alex Wells (250); 4. Nathan Queen (250); 5. Jim Barker (244).
Top five elementary school female shooters: 1. Michelle Stanley (257); 2. Esther Howard (257); 3. Hannah Hale (252); 4. Anna Skaggs (237); 5. Emma Dickerson (237).
- Multimedia test
Dinky engine is big deal for historical society
More than half of the spectators watching the delivery of a piece of industrial history here Wednesday were gray-haired and some of them walked with canes.
Governor and legislators laud ACTC new EastPark building
An investment in the future of northeastern Kentucky and the fulfillment of a dream, envisioned by the Kentucky General Assembly’s approval of the Higher Education Reform Act of 1997, were among the laudatory phrases repeated by several speakers on Monday.
- Slide Show: ACTC Theatre dazzles "Copacabana” The Musical, a lush tribute to the Technicolor musicals of the 1940s, started at Ashland Community and Technical College on Friday night. The Broadway-style musical fantasy features original songs by Barry Manilow and dazzling costumes, sets and choreography.
Burst of color
The best sign that spring is about to really take off is already in full bloom at Ashland’s Central Park.
- Pathway to the cross A church in Huntington is offering a different kind of look at the Easter story this week.
- Slide Show: Dancing into spring The Ashland Youth Ballet presented its Spring Concert at two shows Tuesday at the Paramount Arts Center.
- Officials hope Cooksey work will cut pollution, end fire hazard An agreement four years in the making has led to work at the former Cooksey Brothers Landfill, which regulators say will reduce pollution and end a long-standing fire hazard at the site.
Rowan's dream run ends in semifinal
Although the fairy tale didn't end with a crown, Rowan County's journey was magical while it lasted.
The Lady Vikings ran into a merciless Louisville Mercy team that attacked with furious pressure.
Rowan hits jackpot of Final Four
Rowan County set out a lofty goal at the start of the season, but very few teams actually accomplish what the Lady Vikings were going after.
Four, to be exact.
Rowan stingy with Breathitt
Rowan County coach Scott Tackett can’t quite put a finger on it, but there is something special about the 2010 Lady Vikings.
“We may not be the most talented team, but I get a feeling about this team that I don't get a whole lot,” Tackett said. “There’s something special going on here.”
- More Multimedia test Headlines
- Dinky engine is big deal for historical society