- Russell Middle wins regional academic meet Russell Middle School’s academic team took first place overall and won the quick recall meet at the regional middle school Governor’s Cup competition Saturday.
- Fairview senior to sing for lawmakers Anytime, anyplace — Ask Rikki Nelson to sing and she’s ready to oblige.
- Stage of talent The typical school band spends months practicing the selections for a concert, honing their skills and polishing their performance.
- Swingin� to the Max One of the area�s longest-running and most beloved musical acts took the stage at the Paramount Arts Center on Friday night with the purpose of providing some high and middle school students with a glimpse of real working musicians in action.
- Local voices to be heard at Carnegie There won’t be much time for practice, although a group of local singers will make it to Carnegie Hall.
- Bringing history to life Grover Cleveland is not exactly a household name, especially among teenagers.
- Musical connections If you’re going to have a jam session, you can’t go wrong with a rendition of “Freebird” to get things started.
Rose Hill receives penalties from KHSAA
The Kentucky High School Athletic Association banned Rose Hill Christian School from boys basketball postseason play for two years, fined the school $6,000 and enacted a three-year probation for violations.
- Video: 'A Christmas Fantasy' set This is the 20th year of Ashland Youth Ballet and to celebrate that milestone, the group has changed its Christmas program.
- Audio Slide Show: 16 Years of Scrooge The Ashland Community and Technical College Theater will present the 16th performance of “A Christmas Carol: Scrooge and Marley” in the J.B. Sowards Theater starting tonight through Friday at 8 p.m. A Saturday performance will start at 2:30 p.m.
- More Schools Headlines