Governor and legislators laud ACTC new EastPark building
An investment in the future of northeastern Kentucky and the fulfillment of a dream, envisioned by the Kentucky General Assembly’s approval of the Higher Education Reform Act of 1997, were among the laudatory phrases repeated by several speakers on Monday.
Fairview school boss honored
Bill Musick likes to be the first one at Fairview High School in the morning so he can greet the students on their way to class.
- Hatcher closing recommended The current academic year will likely be the last one for Hatcher Elementary School.
- The sky's not the limit Balloons dotted the gray sky Thursday when students in the Raceland-Worthington Independent School District let go of more than 1,000 balloons in support of MiKayla Bonzo, a fifth-grader at Worthington Elementary.
- Motivation, inspiration Ron Bachman of Detroit came to Boyd County Middle School Wednesday morning to provide a lesson about tolerance and bullying, and drove away with a renewed sense of inspiration provided by hundreds of children who stood to applaud his message.
- Watch out for West Teachers at West Carter Middle School have learned to gauge student success on an individual basis, according to Teena Liles.
- Doing the math The cereal aisle at Kroger stretched like a crunchy, sugary highway, box after box into the distance.
- Saying goodbye Russell Middle School said goodbye Monday to Charlotte Ison, who has been a custodian at the school for almost as long as anyone can remember, and has worked in the district even longer.
- State will seek delay in spring testing Kentucky Education Commissioner Terry Holliday says he'll seek a federal waiver that would allow the state to delay spring testing a few weeks.
- New Boyd school plans show traditional design Preliminary plans for a new high school in the Boyd County district show a traditional design in brick and stone and an interior designed around academic clusters.
- More Schools Headlines
- Governor and legislators laud ACTC new EastPark building