Daily Independent (Ashland, KY)

October 11, 2013

Fire displaces dozen at Flatwoods apartment


The Independent

FLATWOODS — An early morning grease fire left at least a dozen homeless in an apartment complex here.

A woman was cooking French fries around 2 a.m. when a grease fire spread and forced evacuation of the Brentwood Apartment Complex that has eight units, seven of which were occupied.

At least a dozen lived in the complex and two of those had to be rescued by the Flatwoods Fire Department.

There are no reported injuries. The Red Cross was helping those who were displaced.